Kingdom of Internet
| Posted - 02/13/2009 : 17:58:38
Okay, like in real life we need some rules to make his/her stay comfortable. We try to keep it easy and we really respect and value every single user, but we will need to somehow enforce these rules. We really won't ban anyone for nothing and we really try to talk to everyone first. So if a staff member asks you to behave different please take it seriously, we do not want to lose you. Actually there is just one rule: Try being a helpfull and nice member and behave accordingly. But as this has been misunderstood by many people *sigh* i will go deeper into detail about what we think "good behaviour" should look like...
1. No Spamming- Simply try to NOT post "I like chicken!" during a serious discussion. Also every post that is neither helpfull or contains interesting info can be regarded as spam by the moderator's individual decision. We don't want to ruin the fun for everyone, so please also refrain from very short posts like "cool application!" "It dun work", try to at least form a full sentence. the Junk Pile is excepted from this rule, just try to not mass-post new topics there. While we genrally dont execute people immediately for spamming once we reserve the right to change your post count to a negative value if you spam in the downloads section (we are VERY sensible here!!!) or if we have the impression you just raise your post count artificially to gain access to some of our "Premium programs". Remember - most programs here are "free for all" and the few requiring a specific post count are meant to be a reward for supporting members. If you post like mad and stop when you have reached exactly the post requirement for some program this makes you look like a leecher and we reserve the right to modify your post count. If you tend to only post in UPPERCASE characters we reserve the right to ban you without further notice as we find it annoying.
2. No Harrasment/Flaming/Fighting- We know, sometimes debates are getting hot and bad words are thrown easily. However, please make sure you never personally attack, defame or insult another member. We all respect you, so please do us the favor and respect us, too.
3. Avoid Double Posting- Until i have finished a new addon to automatically merge double-posts please try to just "edit" your previous post if noone has replied to the topic yet. if you accidetally double posted then please just copy your second posts content and edit it into the first one, preferrably with the prefix "EDIT:" so everyone can see you have added something to the original post. As this was obviously hard to do for some people we have added technical aids to prevent double posting.
4. No Password Stealing/Phishing/Scamming - we really don't care what you do elsewhere, but as long as you're here please keep it for yourself. We reserve the right to ban users scamming other members.
5. No Warez/Cracking- We won't hang someone for posting a rapidshare link he/she accidentially found on the web, but please keep in mind this is no Warez forum - if you need Warez please go to the appropriate websites or use p2p programs, we generally discourage users from posting warez.
6. No Multi-Accounts-Everyone has one account here. And by one we mean one. Users found to be using several account may get warned or banned. If your mum/sister/dog wants an account here too, please keep in mind that for our server it looks like the same person if you two share the same internet connection. We can see that and will treat it as multiing. So if you plan for a seperate account for anyone from your household please tell us before doing so. No proxies. If you use a proxy to connect to HiddenBelow.com we reserve the right to ban you without further notice. Absolutely No Sharing or Selling of Hiddenbelow accounts!
7. Absolutely NO Liability for Trades/Lending, and No Whining- Before you trade precious items or large sums of money, please keep in mind that this is the internet. People promising you a billion neopoints for your 50 Dollars may just run off with your money although they appeared to be very nice before. You can ask trustworthy staff members to act as a middleman to ensure noone gets scammed. If you get scammed there is no way WE (The forum staff) can get your money/item back, really!
8. No Advertising! If its for your friends forum, your mom's webshop or for the democratic party - don't advertise. Of course there is no rule you may not post links to other sites, but we reserve the right to delete these posts if we think it counts as advertising. Especially advertising forums with similar topics (gaming/cheating) and referal links to other websites are not welcome here. We reserve the right to ban users that post referal links, put them into their signatures or send them via PM.
9. Post in ENGLISH language under all circumstances- It might be cool to have a small chat in spanish, chinese or French with your buddies, but please not here. Keep it in english so EVERYONE here can profit from your posts. We will tolerate other languages in PMs but please make sure the other member really understands that language.
10. No abuse of Private Messages-While you can send PMs and they really are private we do not tolerate any abuse. If you send spam, advertisement or use abuse the system in any other way we reserve the right to delete your account without further notice.
11. No public accusations among members-If you have any issue with another member - whether it's that the other one scammed you, stole tutorials or guides or if that member just insulted your dog - keep it private please! Generally if you have an issue with another member you always should try to settle it personally first. Write a PM or use an instant messenger to contact the member and at least try to stay calm, polite and on topic. If that is not possible or didn't lead to anything you can always escalate the case to a moderator. Please try to stick to hard facts and not base any claims on pure assumptions or suspense.
12. We actually accept half-assed posts-We really just want to see someone at least TRIES to not look too much like a leecher. The people in this topic who got negative post counts or even removed really overdid it about everywhere. Some were just posting glibberish like "rkuhgikrgrlkgfler" in about every topic. We don't even punish spammers to whom we say "stop please" and they stop spamming. We really only have to punish these few people who try to be immune against any good advice and think they can get away with it. It's ironical that a large amount of spammers obviously read the rules and just thought they'd be smarter.
13. No Sale or trading of tools that are mainly used for stealing- Cookies or login credentials or promote stealing from other human players. Discussion about the techniques and tricks of scamming/stealing is still allowed as we think people can only protect from it when they know how it works and how people can trick you.
14. Do not contact the admins unless it's extremely important- We love you. We really do! But with so many thousand users it's impossible for us to maintain this personal touch with everyone. As much as we would like we can not answer to pm's or emails unless it is REALLY important. Do not contact us to ask about where to get autobuying lists or why you didn't get any points. For all problems, suggestions or questions that are not directly related to the general website strategy or of very personal nature please contact our escalation manager or a moderator first or just ask in the forum (that's what forums are good for!). The many thousand users at the forum might be able to answer your questions much better than an admin, give them a try.
15. No Obnoxious Signatures- Seriously, this one speaks for itself. Do not have large images that take up a large portion of the page or have some big message in there that is not necessary. If we find a signature to be obnoxious, we will change it or ask you kindly to.
16. Do not beg for points- Do not whine, do not demand points.
If you lack the time to contribute to the forums you can always buy a Permium Subscription and will be able to bypass all points and posts requirements.
You can get free premium if you refered a member that buys a premium subscription. You get 20% of the premium membership the refered member purchases. This means if someone buys 5 years of premium you get one free year. You find your referal link at the "My HiddenBelow" page (Link always on top of page), just copy it into your youtube videos, in your E-Mail signature or post it on other sites.
If you believe you deserve points contact our de-escalation manager or a moderator. You'll just waste your time.
Getting Points is not an automated process, but we give out points for the following occasions:
- Helpfull posts: Try to answer other peoples questions and give advise. We probably wont give points for a simple yes or no, so take your time to give in-depth answers or advises if you expect points.
- Posting Youtube videos: if you just cant wait to get points then take 5 minutes to look for current youtube related contests. We often run contests to award points for easy stuff. We nearly instantly award you points for each video matching the contest rules. Just post your video in the related thread.
- Post guides: Post a guide, but dont steal other words and try to describe with your own words. Add some pictures and make sure it's not just " afew sentences", but a real guide.
- Be active: When we see someone posts a lot we award your activity with points as long as its not spam. A user can barely every reach 50 posts without escaping our attention and we usually instantly award points. We also award points for "loyalty", so even if you didn't get points today but keep posting tomorrow and stay active we award your loyalty with points.
- Participate in contests: We nearly always have some new features or records to celebrate, just keep an open eye in the "About Hiddenbelow" and "general discussion" forums, we often have anniversary/celebration events where we give points for participating
- Post programs: If you are a programmer and want to share your work we of course love to share loads of points with you. Please only post your own programs or such you have the permission granted by the author.
- Bake a Hiddenbelow cake: You get 5 points for every cake you bake. But you must provide a picture of the cake next to your face and the icing on the cake must say "HiddenBelow.com owns me".
- Amaze us: Simply be part of it. When you have interesting news or a funny joke or something of major interest - just tell us! We are often bored and when you post news of Japans newest robot, a celebrity that died or a new law we might give you points if we think it's cool. Just try it!
Edited by - Sherri on 12/10/2011 23:29:00